Amendments to CSCS Cards (Contruction Related Occupation Cards)

CSCS cards have changed since most of us were required to get them. Getting a new card with your Construction Related Occupation is now handled in a slightly different way.

What are CSCS cards?

CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.

The Scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification.

Holding a CSCS card is not a legislative requirement. It is entirely up to the principal contractor or client whether workers are required to hold a card before they are allowed on site. However, most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card.

What has changed?

The Air Tester card can now only be sought through the Skillscard scheme – A partner scheme to CSCS that carries the CSCS logo. All heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (including air leakage testing) will be available under this scheme.

Applying for or renewing a CSCS Card

In order to gain or renew a card, you will need to

  1. complete the CITB Health and Safety Test
  2. include a nice photograph of yourself (passport style)
  3. complete the following form:


Leave a Reply